The End of an Era
Yesterday marked the end of my Nana's life. She was almost 81 years old.
While I am so grieved in knowing that she is no longer here with us, I am so grateful that she knows the Lord and is sitting at His right hand right now, reunited with her husband. She's waited a long time to see my Dada John.
I never thought there would be a time when she wasn't there for me. But I rest assured of God's promise that I will see her again.
October 5, 1925 - September 24, 2006
What a legacy she has left behind!
Three years later, it still doesn't seem real to me that she's truly gone. Only a few weeks ago I found myself dialing her phone number before I realized that she couldn't talk to me. Nana wasn't only my favorite grandparent, she was one of my best friends.
When I think of her, I remember Friday night sleepovers and Saturday morning cartoons. I remember cinnamon toast ... how she would yell if someone cut her off when she was driving ... how she always called me Neecer or Sug (short for Sugar) ... how she never missed a single one of my recitals or choir concerts ... how stubborn she was (apparently it's genetic, because I'm the same way!) ... how she sent me cartoons in the mail in college ... how she bravely kept her children happy, safe, and healthy and provided for them alone after her husband died at age 32 (at a time when single women were a rarity) ... how she loved her little doggies ... how excited she was when I met Mark, and when we got engaged ... how she loved me ...
I still miss her. I couldn't put my love for her into words if I tried. I hope I didn't take her for granted too much. I hope she knew/knows how much I loved/love her.
Praise the Lord! As much as I'm missing her now, I know she's with her beloved Jesus! I am so glad that I can grieve but still hope! I am so thankful to my precious Father, who provided a Home for us after death!
Although she was alive when Mark and I were married, I find myself thinking so very often of how I wish she could have been here to see Joshua. I wish he could have known one of the greatest women I've ever met. Although she's in Heaven, I do believe that she knows that Joshua's here, and that she is so pleased when she sees my little boy!
I love you, Nana. I miss you.
Can you do me a favor? I'm hoping that anyone who reads this can pray for my friends Karen and Mary. They both have different struggles but are going through times so tough that I cannot fathom them. Please pray that the Lord will cradle them in His arms and give them peace and rest. And please pray for another one of my friends and her mother, as the mother goes through some health issues. Thank you for coming to the Father with me.
While I am so grieved in knowing that she is no longer here with us, I am so grateful that she knows the Lord and is sitting at His right hand right now, reunited with her husband. She's waited a long time to see my Dada John.
I never thought there would be a time when she wasn't there for me. But I rest assured of God's promise that I will see her again.
October 5, 1925 - September 24, 2006
What a legacy she has left behind!
Three years later, it still doesn't seem real to me that she's truly gone. Only a few weeks ago I found myself dialing her phone number before I realized that she couldn't talk to me. Nana wasn't only my favorite grandparent, she was one of my best friends.
When I think of her, I remember Friday night sleepovers and Saturday morning cartoons. I remember cinnamon toast ... how she would yell if someone cut her off when she was driving ... how she always called me Neecer or Sug (short for Sugar) ... how she never missed a single one of my recitals or choir concerts ... how stubborn she was (apparently it's genetic, because I'm the same way!) ... how she sent me cartoons in the mail in college ... how she bravely kept her children happy, safe, and healthy and provided for them alone after her husband died at age 32 (at a time when single women were a rarity) ... how she loved her little doggies ... how excited she was when I met Mark, and when we got engaged ... how she loved me ...
I still miss her. I couldn't put my love for her into words if I tried. I hope I didn't take her for granted too much. I hope she knew/knows how much I loved/love her.
Praise the Lord! As much as I'm missing her now, I know she's with her beloved Jesus! I am so glad that I can grieve but still hope! I am so thankful to my precious Father, who provided a Home for us after death!
Although she was alive when Mark and I were married, I find myself thinking so very often of how I wish she could have been here to see Joshua. I wish he could have known one of the greatest women I've ever met. Although she's in Heaven, I do believe that she knows that Joshua's here, and that she is so pleased when she sees my little boy!
I love you, Nana. I miss you.
Can you do me a favor? I'm hoping that anyone who reads this can pray for my friends Karen and Mary. They both have different struggles but are going through times so tough that I cannot fathom them. Please pray that the Lord will cradle them in His arms and give them peace and rest. And please pray for another one of my friends and her mother, as the mother goes through some health issues. Thank you for coming to the Father with me.



OK, now I read the whole post and it does make much more sense. You are one special person - caring about your friends and others as you do - just like your grandmother. What a great and Godly legacy she left you!!! Anne
ReplyDelete