Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just Humor Me

It's been a very long time since I've updated our blog, but I have some good excuses ... Joshua and I survived a long stomach bug and he now has all of his molars. In the midst of all of that mess, we managed to have a ball! I know there are about 40,000 pictures in this post, and that not everyone is as crazy about my son as I am ... but just humor me. Enjoy our month in a nutshell!

In March, we met the Easter Bunny. I wasn't sure how Joshua was going to do because meeting Santa Claus was rather traumatic for him. But he ADORED the Easter Bunny.

He even toodled right back to him after his turn was over.

At home, Joshua has been up to his usual antics of mayhem and destruction. He loves to rip toilet paper. And he was so proud of himself for putting his duck in the water. I just wish he had found the bath tub, not the toilet!

We went to the Lewisville Easter Egg Hunt. All Joshua wanted to do was throw the eggs. Luckily, I got all of the candy. :)

Our red bud tree was absolutely gorgeous this year. And here are my two gorgeous boys right in front of it!

Just a mommy and her baby.

Joshua LOVES LOVES LOVES Lily. Lily tolerates Joshua.

My parents and I took Joshua to the Texas Discovery Gardens at Fair Park to see the butterflies. He really enjoyed it ... and it was cheap and fun! Here's Granddaddy Richard and Joshua looking up at a butterfly.

At a fountain at the Texas Discovery Gardens.

Every day at noon, new butterflies are released. The handler gave this one to my mom, who put it on Joshua's leg (so that he wouldn't swat at it). He was very, very disturbed by this. However, it was also nap time, so maybe he was just cranky.

On our way out, we stopped at one of the fountains inside the fair grounds. I had an extra outfit with me, so I decided to let Joshua play in the water. He is definitely a water boy!

Joshua was SOAKED, but it was worth it -- the look on his face is priceless!

Trying to eat lunch is very difficult when you are sleepy.

It's bath time!

Our neighborhood also had an Easter egg hunt this year. Joshua had started walking (yes, WALKING!) just a couple of days before, and it was so neat to watch him walk to an egg, bend over, and pick it up and put it in his basket. I'm wondering what happened to my little guy ... a big boy's taken his place!

At church on Easter Sunday. HE IS RISEN!

Me and my favorite little man! Happy Easter!

Joshua and his uncle Michael.

This is one of my favorite photos of Joshua. I'm not sure why I love it so much, but I do.

Whee! On a slide in our neighborhood park!

These feet were made for walkin', and that's just what they'll do!

Joshua at his 15-month check-up. He'll be 15 months old tomorrow! Here's his stats: He weighs a whopping 27 pounds (81st percentile), is 31.5 inches long (64th percentile), and has a head circumference of 49.5 cm (96th percentile). This confirms what I have known for a long time ... my baby likes to eat, and he has big brains!

Thanks for humoring me by looking at all these photos. Hopefully it won't take me so long to get our next update out!

3 comments:

  1. He is so stinkin cute! I'm glad we got to see ya'll at Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE picture posts! He is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Denise, Joshua is so cute! I love the picture of him sleeping in his high chair. I also really like the pic of him and your Dad, he looks so intent.

    ReplyDelete