Happy (late) Halloween, everyone!
This year our family attended our church's second annual Trunk or Treat event. I had been looking forward to it for weeks. During the afternoon, however, Joshua stopped eating well. He was gnawing on his little fingers like crazy ... his poor little toothies must have been hurting very badly! Since we didn't want a chance to miss Mimi's birthday (her special day is actually on Halloween), I went ahead and loaded Joshua into the car, and off we went!
I had to finish dressing him in the church parking lot. His costume wouldn't fit safely in the car seat ... but I was pleasantly surprised at how he didn't seem to mind the outfit TOO much. He didn't appreciate his duck bill, but he eventually got used to it, and I enjoyed walking around and showing off my little duckling!
He wasn't his usual smiley self -- but I think he was just sitting back and taking in all the activity. The church estimated that 1200-1500 people came, so there was a lot going on. We saw quite a few members of his "fan club," all of whom seemed to love his duck outfit. Mimi and Granddaddy Richard were especially pleased to see him.
Trunk or Treat seemed to be over much too quickly! Joshua was such a trooper, even though he was awake long after bedtime. Before I knew it, it was time to fly my little Joshua-duck home.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment